LOCATION: Health & Wellness Center
SUPERVISOR: Rehabilitation Services Supervisor
WAGE: Negotiable Depending on Experience
HOURS: 40 hours per week
CLOSING: Until Filled
Purpose of Position:
Provides direct Physical Therapy services to patients, employees and community members to promote wellness, rehabilitation and maximal levels of function and independence. Provides consultation to other disciplines and family members. Provides patient care and supervision of Physical Therapy Assistance and Therapy Aides.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs evaluation procedures on self-referral patients and those referred by their physician and submits written treatment recommendations for the physician review.
2. Designs and implements a plan of care based upon the evaluation for each patient deemed suitable for Physical Therapy in consultation with attending physician.
3. Renders treatment to patients based on the principles and procedures of Physical Therapy as prescribed by the attending physician.
4. Participates in patient care conferences and consults with other Health & Wellness Center personnel as necessary for quality patient care.
5. Conducts in-service programs to ensure and improve understanding of patient care.
6. Completes and reviews all bookkeeping activities, updates progress notes, physician's orders, treatment calendars, and patients' total plans of care in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
7. Consults with physicians and other allied health professionals regarding Physical Therapy treatment and progress.
8. Instructs patients' families when necessary in basic carryover care techniques.
9. Attends continuing education courses and other programs to keep abreast of advances in Physical Therapy and related sciences.
10. Provides ergonomic consultation and recommendations to patients, facility staff and other Tribal facilities.
11. Provides community education on various topics including ergonomics, back care, arthritis and other related physical therapy topics.
12. Assists with patient care policy and procedures.
13. Participates, leads and will develop related areas in the integrated medicine program. Areas could include but will not be limited to the following:
a. Development of Tribal ergonomic assessments for all new employees.
b. Implementation of wellness/exercise programs for Tribal members, employees and community.
c. Collaboration with other Tribal and non-tribal departments and entities.
14. Must be willing to service patients where necessary such as home visits, FCP Assisted Living, Elderly and possible expansion of services to meet Tribal member needs.
15. Participate and lead peer review activities with other physical therapists and assistants.
Baccalaureate or Masters Degree, or Doctorate of Physical Therapy from a program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
License to practice Physical Therapy in Wisconsin (issued by the Department of Regulation and Licensing). For certain therapists providing services in schools, licensure by Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction is also required.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
At minimum, the experience received during completion of educational requirements from an accredited program in Physical Therapy. Preferably one year clinical experience in Physical Therapy.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to work well with and cooperate with other professionals, non-professionals, and varying patients types.
The position requires that the employee must be flexible within reason to:
1. Travel to various service sites to meet Forest County Potawatomi Health & Wellness Center's needs.
2. Work hours that will meet and accommodate patient demands and workloads. This may include, but is not limited to early and late shifts, holidays, and as patient volume dictates, short or long workday schedules with goal of efficient patient care delivery.
*Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver's license and be authorized as eligible for coverage under the Tribe's Insurance prior to an actual start date. *Must maintain a valid Wisconsin Driver's license as a condition of employment. *Must pass a background check, which will be performed on all applicants. *Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
As authorized by Federal Law, the Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference in hiring for qualified Tribal members/Indians in connection with all job openings.