Are you a motivated leader that wants to make a difference in the community? Do you like meeting new people everyday? United Blood Services, the second largest blood bank in the U.S., has an exciting opportunity for three (3) Assistant Donor Care (Phlebotomy) Supervisors on our mobile operations in Scottsdale, AZ (64th St & Oak).
Responsibilities may include:
- Assists the center supervisor in providing direction and supervision of our phlebotomist(s)
- Provides input for employee performance evaluation
- Assists in training new employees
- Maintains complete and accurate records
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and customer service when interaction with donors, staff and physicians
- Assists in interviewing and phlebotomy of donors
- Assists in preparing the unit of blood transferring to processing location
- Maintains donor interview and drawing areas, cleaning of area and equipment and restocking supplies
- Reports problems/issues to supervisor
The ideal candidate must have healthcare related experience or healthcare certification, with either blood banking or supervisory experience. Phlebotomy skills a big plus. Must be able to motivate others and practice good time management. Training experience helpful.
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday with varied hours.
All candidates will be required to successfully complete 90 days of intensive, hands-on training following additional paid supervisory training. During training you will screen and interview potential blood donors, determine donor suitability, complete labeling, phlebotomy, and handle adverse donor reactions. You must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50lbs, reach and bend. You must LOVE detail oriented work, enjoy repetitive tasks and be committed to providing outstanding customer service. PAID training.